What is required from you as a supplier?
The new service has been designed with simplicity in mind to minimise the impact on your operations. All we ask is for you to send PDF invoices from your existing accounts system to the email address provided below.
The invoice data from each invoice received into the email account will be securely uploaded into our financial system for payment.
What email address do I send invoices to?
What are the charges?
The service is free for suppliers.
Can I send any type of PDF?
The only constraint of the service is that the PDF must be machine generated, i.e. produced directly from the billing application raising the invoice.
When a PDF is machine generated in almost all cases it will be a text PDF, with the invoice data items carried directly within the PDF. Our service takes advantage of this and maps the invoice data direct from the PDF to an e-invoice structure – in other words, the service is akin to mapping one flavour of XML to another flavour of XML.
If the PDF is generated by scanning the invoice, an image or photo of the invoice will be passed in the PDF. Unfortunately the only way to process image PDFs is to use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology – this approach cannot guarantee data quality. For these reasons we are not able to accept image PDF files.
I’m unable to send a machine generated PDF
If you are unable to generate a PDF straight from your billing application, there are a couple of options:
- PDF Driver. There a numerous free to install PDF drivers on the internet, which when downloaded simply allow you to print to PDF in the same way as you would normally print to a printer. Examples include: CutePDF or Bullzip
- Other e-document formats supported. Alternatively, we also support other data documents such as: XML, HTML, EDI, .doc, .csv, that can be delivered either via email or via a data transfer protocol such as FTP, HTTP, etc. If this option is preferred, please contact us so that we can set the appropriate service up.
If you are still unable to generate a supported document then please mail email@example.com and one of our consultants will be in contact to discuss your options.
What if I usually send supporting documentation with my invoice?
No problem. If you normally send documents such as timesheets or delivery notes (which can be image or data documents) feel free to attach them to the same email as the invoice they relate to. Any non-invoice documents that are sent on the same email as the invoice will be ‘associated’ with the invoice.
If you do send supporting documents with your invoice, please only include one invoice and supporting document(s) per email (NOT multiple invoices and multiple attachments on the same email).
Can I send more than one invoice per email?
Yes. We can support many scenarios, including:
- One invoice file on one email
- Multiple invoice files on one email
- Multiple invoices in the same file
- Invoices and attachments in the same PDF file
- Invoice and attachments as separate files
Please note, if you do send supporting documents with your invoice, please only include one invoice and supporting document per email (NOT multiple invoices and multiple attachments on the same email).
What software do I need to deploy?
Nothing. As long as you can produce an invoice as a data document e.g. PDF, HTML, Word (which most billing applications can) and can send via email, you don’t need to install any new software.
I have some questions – who do I contact?
- If you have any questions, please submit them via one of the following channels:
- Contact the supplier enablement manager at CloudTrade at: : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Financial Services department for George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust at: email@example.com